Should I Register my Property Business for VAT?

Residential rent income is exempt for VAT so therefore you should not register your property project for VAT.form

However, if you are completing development projects such as building a new build, then you will need to register for VAT when you sell the property if it takes your income over £85,000. However, as a Zero rated supply, you will be able to claim the VAT back on anything you pay and then will not have to pay any VAT on the sale of the property.